Hello again! Time for an update methinks. Nothing huge or showcase worthy, just a variety of incremental updates and mini-projects.
First up, I got proof of one more glass from the batch I did at fakemas for all my mates.
Friends character with a robotnik moustache. because why not.
I think I have one more left to show off. has a custom rathalos design on it but it got broken :O The first and hopefully glass related tragedy in the group. Thankfully it’s going to get replaced. Here’s a sneak peel until then.
Did a small logo job for an indie band of a friend of a friend.
Did a lot of variants, but this is the one I liked the best. The one the client chose had some more letters and thicker lines.
And I also did a logo for my good friend, Jordan smith. His honors project for university was for a social media website on game reviews. I liked his logo for it so much I decided to revamp it.
Sonic adventure shading style in use again. It works so well for character illustration.
You can see the site in action here. Okay, another small asset. last post I mentioned doing some commissioned work for a user called Stuffedge on peopleperhour. he wanted a few more UI assets done for his kickstarter project. (which me being the generous saint I am, threw in for free)
Level up icons for various stats. As soon as I see anything about his project I’ll post it.
And speaking of logos, me and team tartan paint made a big push in that regard. I did a few more additions to the animations from last time.
Loading animation for web browser play.
And a practice animation for a screen filling logo.
Bit cluttered so we wont be going with this. ugh even the simplest animations can take an eternity to bang out.
I made a lot of revisions to the base logo also. The bucket seemed a bit plain and uninspired so I riffed on paintbrush motifs instead.
It’s always tempting to inject smaller detail into drawings such as the tartan threads and fibers. But I need to learn to keep logos simple and extremely readable from a distance.
I gave the bucket design a few more variations also.
I really enjoyed doing these ones.
I thought the paint bucket & Scotland idea was a stroke of genius courtesy of Faisal.
Regardless, we chose to pursue the brush motif and here’s the large batch of variations we came up with.
Trying to strike an innovative balance between patriotism/artistry and pixel imagery.
I don’t think we’ve settled on a final version as of yet. But we took a break from logo work to make progress on Loan sharks. Here’s a montage of progress made on the room design.
I cant wait to start adding animations to the scene.
And here’s the current build of the crap tier room.
Had to make a change to a widescreen resolution at the last-minute. I do hope the extended seams aren’t obvious.
And the medium quality room. There’s a Best tier also but that’s in the works right now.
Actual wallpaper! I might revise that TV at some point actually.
And one teeny tiny loan shark thing, a scrap of paper used in the user interface.
Is a piece of paper really worth showing off? Yeah sure! why not! It’s my blog woop woop.
Okay! and last huge art bomb to go! Last post I gave a small preview of the `pixl peepl` I was creating. I basically wanted to make pixel caricatures of everyone in my Facebook friends list. Well I finally got them all done. If you would like one yourself, feel free to order one via my peopleperhour profile or my Fiverr page.
Wow, i don’t actually have *that* many friends. oh welp.
This last one was actually a piece of fanart I did for the dismal jesters during #Holmesappreciation and it ended up getting retweeted by the internet celebrities in question which I was pretty chuffed about.
There we go. absolutely everything posted. quite the exhaustive post! My future plans are the continued (seemingly futile) job hunt and development on loan sharks which is slated to release on android devices I’m told.
Pingback: Commisioned work – The Design Lab | ~Dreams of an Absolution~